This decadent lemon ice cream tastes just like lemon cheesecake!
It’s got swirls of lemon curd, buttery biscuit and a creamy no-churn cheesecake ice cream base.
This no-churn lemon cheesecake ice cream is such a treat. It’s a little bit like a deconstructed lemon cheesecake turned into ice cream—swirls of tangy lemon curd, buttery biscuit crumbs and a vanilla cheesecake ice-cream base.
Here’s what’s used in this cheesecake ice cream
- Lemon curd. The tangy lemon flavor is brought to the ice cream through sunny-yellow lemon curd. This can be store-bought lemon curd or homemade! I use my easy homemade lemon curd, which can be made either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla extract and heavy cream. This is the ice cream base. The condensed milk in the ice cream stops the ice cream from crystalizing when frozen, even when made without an ice cream maker. The cream cheese in the ice cream gives it the cheesecake flavor. There isn’t too much cream cheese in there, which makes it a great recipe for leftover cream cheese!
- The cookie crumble. The cookie crumble mimics the cookie base of a cheesecake. I have used plain vanilla cookies crumbled with a bit of butter. You can use any brand of vanilla cookie, store-bought or homemade. If making homemade cookies, ensure they are a well-baked and crisp type. Soft cookies won’t give the same texture. Or you can use graham crackers if they sell those near you. Alternatively, here is a recipe for homemade graham crackers.
This ice cream fits into a large 9″/ 23cm loaf pan, or a similar-sized dish.
Crush the vanilla cookies into crumbs and stir through melted butter.
Beat the room-temperature cream cheese, vanilla, and condensed milk until well combined. If there are some lumps of cream cheese remaining, don’t worry.
In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold the condensed milk mixture through the cream carefully until you have a thick and airy mixture.
Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and scoop 1/3 of the mixture into the lined loaf and smooth it out.
Spoon on 1/3 of the lemon curd and use a skewer to swirl it into the ice cream. Crumble over 1/3 of the crushed cookies. Repeat this two more times with the remaining ingredients.
Freeze the finished ice cream for at least 6 hours.
Serving and storing
To serve, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to slightly soften before scooping.
The ice cream can be covered and stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
📋 Related recipes
Try these other dessert ideas!
- Creamy Tamarillo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- No-Churn Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Lemon Mousse Tart
- Easy Biscoff Milkshake
Homemade ice cream FAQs
It is best consumed within two weeks
Freeze it for at least 6 hours to ensure it has frozen completely through.
Yes, you can omit the cream cheese if you want.
Only if you substitute the cookies with a gluten-free variety.
This ice cream is made without eggs.
- 50g plain vanilla cookies (or about 3 1/2 sheets graham crackers)
- 15g (1 Tbsp) melted butter
Ice Cream Base
- 100g (3.5oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can (395g/14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g (2 cups) whipping cream / heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (homemade or store-bought)
- Crush the cookies or graham crackers into crumbs and stir through melted butter.
- Beat the room-temperature cream cheese, vanilla, and condensed milk until well combined. If there are some lumps of cream cheese remaining, don't worry.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture through the cream carefully until you have a thick and airy mixture.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper, scoop ⅓ of the mixture into the lined loaf, and smooth it out.
- Spoon on ⅓ of the lemon curd and use a skewer to swirl it into the ice cream. Crumble over ⅓ of the crushed cookies. Repeat this two more times with the remaining ingredients.
- Freeze the finished ice cream for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to slightly soften before scooping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g