If you're a fan of milkshakes and the taste of biscoff, then this Biscoff Milkshake is the perfect easy dessert! It's decadent with a great creamy texture and little crunch from crushed cookies.
The Biscoff Flavor
Originating from Belgium, Lotus Biscoff cookies are well-known for their unique, caramelized flavor and a slight hint of cinnamon. This taste, combined with creamy vanilla ice cream and milk, creates a milkshake that is so darn delicious. And it's ready in a matter of minutes!
Biscoff cookie butter is the key ingredient in this recipe. It's essentially Biscoff cookies turned into a paste, similar to the consistency of peanut butter. It blends perfectly into the milkshake base. At the end, I like to pulse a few extra Biscoff cookies into the shake to add a bit of texture.
Though this recipe made Biscoff cookie butter cookies, the brand of cookie butter used doesn't matter as long as it's made from speculoos cookies. This brings the perfect amount of sweetness and spice.
Here's what you need for the best biscoff milkshake. Find the exact amounts written In the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Good quality ice cream (creamy vanilla ice cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.)
- Whole milk or nut milk of choice.
- Crunchy or smooth Biscoff spread.
- Whole Biscoff cookies and crushed cookies for garnish.
- Whipped cream to serve.
- High powered blender
In a small bowl, warm a tablespoon of Biscoff spread in the microwave for 10 seconds until it's runny.
Drizzle it down the inside of two tall glasses or serving glass of your choice.
Add creamy vanilla ice cream, milk, and Lotus Biscoff spread to the bottom of the blender.
Blend until smooth. Add in 4-5 Biscoff cookies, and pulse the blender a few times to break the cookies up, but not so much they completely disappear. You want the texture in there.
Pour the milkshake blend into the prepared glasses. Garnish with a generous squirt of whipped cream, crushed cookie crumbs, and a whole Biscoff cookie.
Variations and Substitutions
- Add caramel - Top the milkshake with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce for the ultimate milkshake.
- Add fresh fruits - For a refreshing twist, add fresh fruits like bananas or strawberries to the blend.
- Add a shot of espresso: The bitterness of the coffee pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the Biscoff cookies.
- Mix in some chocolate: Add some chocolate syrup.
- Switch the cookies: With the cookie butter, you could pulse in gingernut biscuits to bring a different and spicier flavor.
- Vegan Biscoff milkshake - Use your favorite dairy-free milk like almond milk or soy milk, and dairy-free ice cream.
More desserts for Biscoff lovers
- 360g (1 ½ cups) whole milk
- 300g (about 2 cups) of creamy vanilla ice cream
- 100g ( ½ cup) Biscoff spread, plus 1 Tablespoon for the glass
- 5 Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- Whipped cream
- Crushed cookies
- In a small bowl, add a tablespoon of Biscoff spread. Warm in the microwave for 10 seconds until it's runny. Drizzle it down the inside of two tall glasses.
- Add creamy vanilla ice cream, milk, and Biscoff spread to the bottom of the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add five cookies, and pulse the blender a few times to break them up, but not so much that they completely disappear. You want the texture in there.
- Pour the milkshake blend into the prepared glasses. Garnish with a generous squirt of whipped cream, crushed cookie crumbs, and a whole cookie.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 770Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 3gSugar: 66gProtein: 15g